History

In 1975, Trinity Baptist Church, Montville, U.S.A., sent Pastor Achille Blaize back to England as a missionary with a church-planting ministry in East London, where he had been living since 1962. Under God, the church was established and struggled for a number of years without a building.

In May of 1980, with the consent and counsel of the elders at Trinity, we began courting another small assembly of like precious faith with good premises. We met for over two months seeking, by the preaching of God’s word and much prayer, the mind of the Lord in this matter. After a joint office-bearers meeting of both congregations, we were scripturally convinced that, for the greater claims and interest of God’s kingdom; the mutual edification of His church and the good of souls, we ought to become one assembly. The congregations met separately and unanimously voted for the same. In July 1980, we officially became one church over which Rev Wilfred Kuhrt and Rev Achille Blaize were overseers.

Pastor Achille Blaize

Retired Pastor Achille Blaize

We adopt as the fullest expression of our faith the London Baptist Confession of Faith of 1689. This document is a brief summary of the things most surely believed among us. Our object is to to glorify the God of the scriptures in advancing his worship, evangelising sinners, edifying His visible saints in the proclaiming of his law and gospel; and to content earnestly for the faith, which was once and for all delivered unto his saints. John 4:23,24; Eph 4: 12-16.